Papiermühle PlögerHarald | July 17, 2010
OWL Tour 2010 – Day 3: At 3 pm it was finally time to visit the old paper mill in Schieder. The water powered mill has been used by the Plöger family to create paper from about 1703 until 1989.
In 2001 the renovated building was opened to the public as museum and since a guided tour shows us how paper and cardboard have been produced over the past 300 years. We found the tour to be very interesting. It was amazing to see how much work it takes to create a simple sheet of paper.
The Papiermühle Plöger is open to the public from May until the end of October on Saturdays (3pm – 5pm) and Sundays (10am – 12 am and 3pm – 5pm) only. When we visited, parking our motorhome was not easy, but since then the museum got its own parking space, so that shouldn’t be an issue any longer.